US Chamber of Commerce Resources
Implementing a National Return to Work Plan:
What will a return to work look like? That is the question weighing heavily on the minds of government leaders and public health officials, employers and their employees, and American families striving for the delicate balance of staying safe and making ends meet. Click here https://www.uschamber.com/coronavirus/implementing-national-return-to-work-plan
Path Forward Virtual Event Series:
Additionally, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation today launched a new online series called Path Forward to supplement and inform the Chamber’s work. Each episode of Path Forward will feature experts sharing their perspectives on the complex issues involved in a responsible reopening strategy.
Indian Valley Chamber of Commerce Resources for Business and Employees
PPP Loan Forgiveness – What We Know as of 5/21/20
The long-awaited guidance on the CARES Act Payroll Protection Act (PPP) has been released. This seminar, co-presented on May 21, 2020, by Steven Moyer, CPA, PFS, CGMA, CSEP – Owner and Director of Tax Services and Brent Thompson, CPA CMA CGMA – Director and Manager, both of Chamber members Canon Capital Management Group, provides details on what we know to be certain about the guidance at this moment. Watch the recording of the seminar and access a PDF copy of the presentation.
Using the Cyber Security Framework to Stay Safe from Today’s Cyber Criminals and Ransomware
If you’re a small business owner or executive who is concerned about losing your company data (or your reputation) because of a cyber attack, you’ll want to attend this training. Presented by Chris Schalleur, Owner of Christo IT Services, this seminar explains why your network is vulnerable and shares concrete steps you can take immediately to increase your security. Watch the recording now.
Rebounding from COVID-19: Planning Your Comeback
Explore communications, marketing, and promotional strategies to keep your business top-of-mind and get back in the game as we get back to business in the COVID-19 era. Join our panel as they discuss various concepts to help you rebound: Jenny Fujita, Fujita and Miura Public Relations; Michelle Kane, VoiceMatters LLC; and Tom Bergey, Bergey Creative Group. Watch the Zoominar now.
Preparing the Workplace for Employees and Clients
Many thanks to Chamber member Ken Carfagno of Carfagno Cleaning for sharing his expertise today. In this Zoominar he shares how to properly disinfect your workplace to be safe for employees and clients and customers in this era of COVID-19. Watch the recording now.
The Future is Here – Digital Marketing
How do you market your business online in the time of COVID-19? And what should you be doing today to be in a better position when we are “open for business” again? Donna Botti and Bob Clark of Chamber member Delos Incorporated, a digital marketing and website development agency based in Collegeville, discuss some best practices, share some tips and answer your questions. Here is the recording of the Zoom meeting.
Remote Team Building
On April 17, 2020, we were joined yet again by Chamber members Ken Carfagno of Carfagno Cleaning and Ken Byler of Higher Ground Consulting Group, LLC for an online discussion of how to create strong teams when working remotely. Here is the video recording.
Payroll Protection Act Seminar Recording: “You’ve Applied for the PPP Loan, Now What?”
Our current Treasurer, Brent Thompson of Canon Capital Management Group, recently co-presented an online seminar for small business owners who have applied for relief under the Payroll Protection Program (PPP). While the funding for this program has met its capacity, here is a recording of the seminar providing information to help those funded currently or who may be funded should the program receive additional funds.
You Are Not Alone: Doing Business During COVID-19
On April 3, 2020, Indian Valley Chamber of Commerce Members Ken Carfagno of Carfagno Cleaning and Ken Byler of Higher Ground Consulting Group, LLC led an online discussion of navigating our business and personal lives in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis. We are grateful to them for their time and wisdom and to all who attended for their commitment to our community.
Waivers for Businesses
The Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) is alerting partners that businesses that submitted a waiver form through the email process should re-submit their waiver request through the DCED web form found here if they have not already been approved: https://expressforms.pa.gov/apps/pa/DCED/Waiver-process-keeping-physical-locations-open.
If you submitted a waiver through the original email process, please reach out to DCED and/or re-submit at the link above. Please see this link for a revised FAQ listing on submissions.
Small Business Loans Available Through the PA Industrial Development Authority
Small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 public health emergency can apply now for low-interest rate loans. This program is intended to provide up to $100,000 for any eligible entity located in Pennsylvania and with 100 or fewer employees worldwide.
PA was just listed on the SBA disaster recovery page.
Small businesses needing assistance should apply:
- Information for employees affected by Coronavirus:
- Working from Home – by Fujita and Miura, Public Relations
- Transportation and Turnpike Updates – by The Partnership TMA
- Montco Workforce Development and Unemployment Compensation Information
Employers and Business Owners: As a reminder – be in touch with your bankers and insurance representatives
- HR Compliance Bulletin – Coronavirus in the Workplace
- HR Insights – Coronavirus and the Workplace
SBA and SBDC
- SBDC Lehigh Valley Home page and resourceshttps://sbdc.lehigh.edu/
- SBA Disaster Assistance and Response to Coronavirus
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- SBDC at Lehigh University for businesses affected by Coronavirus – teleconference times are available:
- Commerce Department Update for MontcoStrong Response Team
- Letter from PA Department of Health and PA Department of Community and Economic Development on COVID-19 for Employers
- Montgomery County Commerce Department Assistance Request Form
PA Chamber of Business and Industry
- Multiple Resources for Business and Community https://www.pachamber.org/coronavirus/
US Chamber of Commerce
- The US Chamber of Commerce has multiple excellent tools for your use. Check them out here: https://www.uschamber.com/coronavirus-response-toolkit
- PA Updates Businesses on Guidance for COVID-19 Mitigation Efforts
Regional Health Systems
- Grandview Health
- Luke’s Health Network – has launched a 24/7 coronavirus hotline to respond to inquiries from patients and the public. You can call 1-866-STLUKES (785-8537), option 7 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information is available on our website: https://www.slhn.org/